Friday, September 12, 2008

Small Victories

This is the flower bed in my backyard (the trash can is not normally there).

Before...

And after:
Mom brought me some perennials--daisies, yellow cone flowers, lavender, Russian sage--and I added a mum and tiger lily (?) that were already on hand.

In the vegetable garden, the victory is that some veggie seeds actually germinated--cabbage, carrots, beets, lettuce, spinach--albeit in mostly in woefully tiny numbers. I'm not including a picture because all you would see is the grass that keeps trying to reclaim its habitat.

The most impressive sight is that of a dozen broccoli plants, courtesy of my parents-in-law, that arrived from out of state with their roots packed neatly in damp newspaper tied with bailing twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment